Well it’s that time of year for us to breaking out the old holiday traditions …. this year is the beginning of some new holiday traditions in our home. One is that we are trading in the sledding down at the levee/river for walks on St Armand’s Circle – Florida …. we didn’t have an opportunity to get all bundled up and go sledding in the REAL snow so we made due with the Bradenton Holiday festival (where they had a line for you to wait in, to sled down a little snow hill – very cool) ! Santa is always a big tradition as well as Christmas lights, cookies and milk!!
Christmas is our favorite time of year, the cheer, the lights, the happiness, the music, the feelings ….. it’s a beautiful time of year !!
Our daughter brought home a paper today (kindergarten) and here's what it read: A "Sense" Sational Christmas Christmas looks like shimmering lights on the Christmas tree. Christmas feels like Santa's beard. Christmas smells like gingerbread cookies Christmas tastes like candy canes. Christmas sounds like Rudolph's bell. Just thought this was beautiful, so simple, and so true!
I am wanting to hear some of your Holiday traditions. Would they be much like mine as to see the family smiling and the kids jumping for joy on Christmas morning?
A few of our traditions are but definitely not limited to (plus many more are being formed with our new move to Florida, and NOW being surrounded by our family)
- We ALWAYS try to find the “Real” Santa ….. non of those Santa’s helpers 🙂
- Baking and Leaving cookies for Santa …..
- Opening New Pj’s on Christmas Eve ….
- Video Taping the Night before Christmas by the Tree about the year and what we want for Christmas ….
- NEW this Year – We’ve hung a stocking outside of our door, and the elves have been leaving us gifts!
- Every Friday is Family FUN night in our home, so for the entire month of Dec, we try to find Holiday/Christmas things to do!
- We all Wear Santa and/or Elf hats during the month of December!
- We wrap our gifts in different wrapping paper than the big man, he always brings his the “Special Paper” with special tags!
We’ve also started some business holiday traditions – we sent out gift cards to some, and Christmas cards to a lot of clients this year!
And there are so many more ….. BUT I want to hear about yours now !! I love to share with others and hear from others !! So please share with me, and share with your friends, so they can share too!! We just love the holidays … and we wish you the most Merry Christmas EVER this 2010 Year … Your more than welcome to share pictures and videos too!
The Palotas Family